Lifecycle of a Ship
How do ships Build, Sail, and Dock?
Each Ship has four different states in its lifecycle:
- Building - the state of a Ship right after deploy. During this Building state, Sailors can contribute ETH, and Captains can purchase NFTs.
- Captains can only begin purchase NFTs once the ETH Minimum Threshold has been reached.
- NFTs cannot be purchased after the Building state has ended.
- Sailing - the state of a Ship after the Ship has "Set Sail". During this state, Captains can List NFTs for sale and Sailors can claim ETH after successful NFT sales.
- The Captain can Set Sail to set the Ship into Sailing state anytime after the first NFT has been purchased
- Sailors can Set Sail to set the Ship into Sailing state anytime after the Building period has ended && the Ship has purchased at least one NFT
- Docked - once all of the NFTs purchased by the Ship are sold, the journey is considered complete and the Ship has DOCKED! Congrats to the Crew!
- Ship Abandoned - if a Ship ends its fundraising and redistributes ETH prior to purchasing an NFT, it is considered Abandoned.
- The Captain can Abandon Ship anytime before the first NFT is purchased
- Sailors can Abandon Ship anytime after the Ship Building Period has ended && the Ship has no NFTs purchased